Wednesday, November 21, 2007

thankful



there is so much to be thankful for this year! again, my husband, for loving me and supporting me in my day job and my artistic endeavors and obsessions

my children, two teenagers, both with great heads on their shoulder, good grades, kindess, strong sense of right and wrong

my family, all of them, whether we are close, or far away, family is always there when we need them, and we are always there for them when we need them

my friends, but mostly the ones that have been there for me through the roughest times in my life, and the ones who have allowed me to be there for their roughest times

my art, the opportunity, time, and money that has magically appeared (through the grace of God)this year so i can really spend time developing my skills

my health and the health of my loved ones (no breast cancer for me this year despite having a biopsy)

my home, we are really trying to make improvements to the house and yard so it feels more like home for all of us

my on-line community of artists and friends, for the opportunity to be on a design team, for the opportunity to go to Art and Soul next year, for having a blog that i enjoy so much, for finding other increadible people through the blogging community

for "stuff" like my iPod touch, my little digital camera that fits in my purse, my laptop, and my studio that was completely redone this year and organized

the success of my "day job" which is my consulting business for nonprofit organizations and faith based organizations, allowing me to be home for my children more than ever before and allowing me to set my own schedule for the most part

becoming closer to God through study and prayer


Those are just a few things I am thankful for this year. i have been too blessed this year to be able to list everything. it has been a great year, full of blessings and opportunities.

i hope all of you have as much to be thankful for as i do this year. have a great turkey day, enjoy friends and families, and even if this year has been hard, be thankful for what you have, even if it is not much (i have been there to my life too)

No comments: