Monday, October 29, 2007

Getting to know Photoshop

Rice Freeman-Zachery gave me a few pointers about altering my photos. This is the first of my attempts to create a more "artsy" look for pictures to alter clothing with. Let me know what you think.





I am going through some family stuff right now (that I can not talk about yet) and being able to play with the photo's has really helped me escape mentally for a while. I also finished my art studio yesterday. I will take some pictures and post them later. I still need to decorate (I want to paint words of inspiration on the wall and hang some old windows I have around the room), but everthing is organized, labled, sorted and easy to grab ahold of. I put lots of stuff into mason jars so I could "see" what materials I have. I swear, I could open an art store! Did you ever clean out and realize that you have more stuff than you ever thought you did? Yep, me too. Amazing what I have accumulated over the years. Now I am excited to actually use the stuff. After cleaning I finally took the plunge and hosted my first swap. I had so much stuff I ended up sending out four computer paper boxed (the ones that hold eight 500 sheet packages of copy paper) out to the swap folks. Good grief. They are going to die when they get it. I also have tons of magazines and stamps to put onto ebay still. I just have to find the time to take the photos and create the posts. I feel a little overwhelmed by that prospect right now. The situation at home is draining my energy. The good thing, I am not sleeping much so that gives me more time to create! Well, I will close for now. Hope everyone has a great week.

No comments: